About The Dialogues
The global Islamic finance industry is entering a new era of new possibilities with its convergence with the larger sustainable and ethical finance movement. The digital wave is also reshaping the industry, with consumer behavior changing and Islamic financial institutions compelled to be more adept and forwardthinking with their growth strategy.
We are delighted to host global leaders in Manama for the IFN World Islamic Finance Dialogues. One of the most respected Islamic finance leaders in the world, Bahrain is widely recognized for its pioneering role in deepening Islamic finance knowledge capital for the industry as well as it continuous influence in promoting innovation.
Home to some of the most consequential global Islamic standard-setting bodies – AAOIFI, International Islamic Financial Market and the General Council for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions – Bahrain has spearheaded developments in Islamic fintech and digital transformations, and has immersed itself in the ESG finance movement.
Hosting extended panel discussions is an excellent idea. Topics can be discussed fully, often with panelists asking questions of each other, allowing deeper insights to emerge from the discussion. A great initiative.
The IFN Dialogues are a great opportunity to bring together key players in the industry to discuss critical topics for the development of the financial markets and the economy.
IFN has done it again. Getting together Islamic finance influencers to assure the free flow of ideas and information. This is how innovations in our field are born. Bringing in the financiers from GCC, Europe and Southeast Asia is a great recipe for the effective distribution of intellectual products. Kudos to the organizers for a perfectly assembled event
An Introduction to 2024
In 2023 we returned to a full in-person program, with record numbers at many of our events – a sign of normality returning to the events industry.
For 2024 we have curated a fantastic lineup consisting of our regular leading events, a return to some markets after a short hiatus, and the introduction of two intriguing Islamic investment events.
We run a mixture of Forums and Dialogues throughout the year, depending on what each market responds best to. Essentially, they’re very similar, with only the structure of the discussion being different. For a partner, there’s no difference.
Our focus remains on delivering the best experience possible for delegates, speakers and partners.
What to look out for in 2024:
- Awards Ceremonies: The IFN Awards are the most coveted in the industry and our two Awards Ceremonies in Dubai and Kuala Lumpur continue to gather the elite form the Islamic finance world.
- Investor Forums: New for 2024, these two large-scale Forums in Dubai and Kuala Lumpur coincide with the launch of our new IFN Investor platform and will provide the perfect setting to discuss and debate the rapidly developing global Islamic investment space.
- UK Forum: Europe’s largest, longest running and most influential Islamic finance event will again return to the glorious Mansion House, under the patronage of the Lord Mayor of London. A truly global event, with key focusses on investment flows, sustainable, product development and Fintech.
- Oman Forum: This is the only annual international Islamic finance event in the stunning Sultanate, and one not to miss if Oman is on your radar. Full regulatory support, and all local banks and intermediaries are in attendance.
- Qatar Dialogues: In partnership with the Qatar Financial Centre, we’ll continue the discussion on the development of Islamic finance in the State and its important role in the global markets.
- Asia Forum: Our flagship event, the IFN Asia Forum is the largest Islamic finance focused event anywhere. Covering all markets and sectors in the region, if Asia is in your plans, this event is a must.
- Indonesia Dialogues: Still the world’s largest Muslim population with massive potential, this is the only international Islamic finance event in the island nation. Opportunities are rife and we’re now witnessing seismic changes in the Islamic finance landscape.
- Turkiye Dialogues: Returning to Istanbul with a physical event for the first time since 2019, we’ve been following from afar the phenomenal growth and development of the Islamic finance industry in the Republic. There’s much to discuss and we’d be delighted if you joined us.
- Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia remains the world’s largest Islamic finance center and an important market for IFN. This marks our 12th KSA event where we'll be discussing and debating how the Kingdom can build on its dominance and the role Islamic finance will play towards Saudi Vision 2030.
- Bahrain: Rounding off the year again in beautiful Bahrain for the World Islamic Finance Dialogues, in partnership with the Central Bank of Bahrain, we’ll be reviewing the year just past, previewing the year ahead and discussing the global industry at large.
As always, all Forums will be recorded and posted online for all to view, and all events will be complemented by a comprehensive Post Event Review. .
We’re excited for the new year and look forward to welcoming you to our events and assisting in the continued global growth of the Islamic financial markets.
In The News
The Saudi sovereign wealth fund launched its inaugural international Sukuk and Nigeria issued its sixth sovereign Islamic paper. Egypt plans...
Bahrain’s monthly issuances of its Sukuk Salam and Sukuk Ijarah were both oversubscribed, while Indonesia continued with the…
As property and land values in Dubai are on a three-year golden run, Bahrain-based Islamic wholesale bank Venture Capital Bank…
The Previous World Islamic Finance Dialogues
World Islamic Finance Dialogues 2023
One of the most respected Islamic finance leaders in the world, Bahrain is widely recognized for its pioneering role in deepening Islamic finance knowledge capital for the industry as well as it continuous influence in promoting innovation.
Home to some of the most consequential global Islamic standard-setting bodies – AAOIFI, International Islamic Financial Market and the General Council for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions – Bahrain in recent years has taken the lead to spearhead developments in Islamic fintech and digital transformations. It was one of the first in the region to regulate digital investment management, crowdfunding and cryptocurrencies while taking into consideration the unique requirements of Shariah. It has also graduated several Islamic fintech companies from its regulatory sandbox. Amid the digital wave, the Kingdom has also taken significant steps toward promoting ESG and Islamic finance.
About REDmoney Events
REDmoney events designs, organizes and hosts industry-leading conferences, forums, roadshows, seminars and dialogues focusing on the Islamic financial markets across a global, regional and national level. Leveraging an exceptional network of the industry’s elite and supported by the expertise of the REDmoney publishing and seminars divisions, REDmoney Events are able to provide access to a unique array of influential speakers, panelists and participants from a cross-section of the global industry to debate the most significant issues affecting the Shariah compliant financial markets.
REDmoney events are differentiated by their complimentary yet qualified attendance structure, ensuring the highest quality of both delegates and contributors. Comprehensive and cuttingedge, attendance ensures exclusive access to the leaders in their field across all sectors and markets.
The annual IFN Asia and IFN UK Forums are categorically recognized as their continent’s leading industry events since their inception in 2006 and 2007, respectively. The Dialogues series have also become an integral element of the REDmoney events series and have cemented their position as leading, must-attend, events.
In 2024, we welcome the IFN Investor Forums, which coincide with the new IFN Investor portal.