About The Dialogues
Nobody can ignore the phenomenal Islamic finance potential Indonesia holds. The sheer size of the world’s largest Muslim nation has been attracting global attention and the Republic is adeptly harnessing its latent potential, with an impressive top-down approach rivaling the most sophisticated Islamic finance markets, mobilizing resources at a rate not seen anywhere else.
With the President of the Republic at the helm of the National Islamic Finance Committee, numerous new policies and measures have been introduced to catapult itself to become a global center for Islamic finance and Halal economy.
We are excited to return to Jakarta this year with the highly acclaimed IFN Dialogues Series. The high-level IFN Indonesia Dialogues adopts a targeted approach to identify gaps and opportunities in the market to determine best way forward for Indonesia to further internationalize its capabilities with the help of local leaders and international experts.
Hosting extended panel discussions is an excellent idea. Topics can be discussed fully, often with panelists asking questions of each other, allowing deeper insights to emerge from the discussion. A great initiative.
The IFN Dialogues are a great opportunity to bring together key players in the industry to discuss critical topics for the development of the financial markets and the economy.
It was a very insightful session with practical issues faced by issuers, regulators and masters being discussed beyond academic discussion. It was thought provoking and insightful.
An Introduction to 2024
In 2023 we returned to a full in-person program, with record numbers at many of our events – a sign of normality returning to the events industry.
For 2024 we have curated a fantastic lineup consisting of our regular leading events, a return to some markets after a short hiatus, and the introduction of two intriguing Islamic investment events.
We run a mixture of Forums and Dialogues throughout the year, depending on what each market responds best to. Essentially, they’re very similar, with only the structure of the discussion being different. For a partner, there’s no difference.
Our focus remains on delivering the best experience possible for delegates, speakers and partners.
What to look out for in 2024:
- Awards Ceremonies: The IFN Awards are the most coveted in the industry and our two Awards Ceremonies in Dubai and Kuala Lumpur continue to gather the elite form the Islamic finance world.
- Investor Forums: New for 2024, these two large-scale Forums in Dubai and Kuala Lumpur coincide with the launch of our new IFN Investor platform and will provide the perfect setting to discuss and debate the rapidly developing global Islamic investment space.
- UK Forum: Europe’s largest, longest running and most influential Islamic finance event will again return to the glorious Mansion House, under the patronage of the Lord Mayor of London. A truly global event, with key focusses on investment flows, sustainable, product development and Fintech.
- Oman Forum: This is the only annual international Islamic finance event in the stunning Sultanate, and one not to miss if Oman is on your radar. Full regulatory support, and all local banks and intermediaries are in attendance.
- Qatar Dialogues: In partnership with the Qatar Financial Centre, we’ll continue the discussion on the development of Islamic finance in the State and its important role in the global markets.
- Asia Forum: Our flagship event, the IFN Asia Forum is the largest Islamic finance focused event anywhere. Covering all markets and sectors in the region, if Asia is in your plans, this event is a must.
- Indonesia Dialogues: Still the world’s largest Muslim population with massive potential, this is the only international Islamic finance event in the island nation. Opportunities are rife and we’re now witnessing seismic changes in the Islamic finance landscape.
- Turkiye Dialogues: Returning to Istanbul with a physical event for the first time since 2019, we’ve been following from afar the phenomenal growth and development of the Islamic finance industry in the Republic. There’s much to discuss and we’d be delighted if you joined us.
- Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia remains the world’s largest Islamic finance center and an important market for IFN. This marks our 12th KSA event where we'll be discussing and debating how the Kingdom can build on its dominance and the role Islamic finance will play towards Saudi Vision 2030.
- Bahrain: Rounding off the year again in beautiful Bahrain for the World Islamic Finance Dialogues, in partnership with the Central Bank of Bahrain, we’ll be reviewing the year just past, previewing the year ahead and discussing the global industry at large.
As always, all Forums will be recorded and posted online for all to view, and all events will be complemented by a comprehensive Post Event Review. .
We’re excited for the new year and look forward to welcoming you to our events and assisting in the continued global growth of the Islamic financial markets.
In The News
The Saudi sovereign wealth fund launched its inaugural international Sukuk and Nigeria issued its sixth sovereign Islamic paper. Egypt plans...
Home to the largest Muslim population in the world (around 237 million people, or approximately 86.7% of the total…
Indonesia successfully raised more than US$1 billion from its retail Sukuk series, while Saudi Arabia closed…
Bali Towerindo Sentra (Bali Tower), a telecommunications tower and fixed-broadband provider…
The Previous IFN Indonesia Dialogues
IFN Indonesia Dialogues 2023
Long referred to as the sleeping giant of Islamic finance, Indonesia is asleep no more and is blazing the trail for Shariah compliant finance and economy.
The world’s most populous Muslim nation is aggressively harnessing its latent potential, with an impressive top-down approach rivaling the most sophisticated Islamic finance markets, mobilizing resources at a rate not seen anywhere else. With the President of the Republic at the helm of the National Islamic Finance Committee, numerous new policies and measures have been introduced to catapult itself to become a global center for Islamic finance and Halal economy.
Armed with a clear vision, robust measures, detailed multi-pronged and comprehensive Islamic economic masterplan, Indonesia has catapulted itself to the global stage with significant progress, and it has only touched the tip of the iceberg.
The introduction of pioneering instruments such as cash Waqf Sukuk and digital retail Sukuk as well as the tripartite merger of state-owned banks which culminated in an Islamic megabank, Bank Syariah Indonesia, are a few examples of how the Republic is breaking barriers to take its place on the global Islamic finance stage.
After 14 years of hosting the IFN Indonesia Forum, IFN is excited to bring the exalted IFN Dialogues Series to Jakarta in 2023. The high-level IFN Indonesia Dialogues will adopt a targeted approach to identify gaps and opportunities in the market to determine best way forward for Indonesia to further internationalize its capabilities with the help of local leaders and international experts.
About REDmoney Events
REDmoney events designs, organizes and hosts industry-leading conferences, forums, roadshows, seminars and dialogues focusing on the Islamic financial markets across a global, regional and national level. Leveraging an exceptional network of the industry’s elite and supported by the expertise of the REDmoney publishing and seminars divisions, REDmoney Events are able to provide access to a unique array of influential speakers, panelists and participants from a cross-section of the global industry to debate the most significant issues affecting the Shariah compliant financial markets.
REDmoney events are differentiated by their complimentary yet qualified attendance structure, ensuring the highest quality of both delegates and contributors. Comprehensive and cuttingedge, attendance ensures exclusive access to the leaders in their field across all sectors and markets.
The annual IFN Asia and IFN UK Forums are categorically recognized as their continent’s leading industry events since their inception in 2006 and 2007, respectively. The Dialogues series have also become an integral element of the REDmoney events series and have cemented their position as leading, must-attend, events.
In 2024, we welcome the IFN Investor Forums, which coincide with the new IFN Investor portal.