Date: 19th February 2020
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
In February, IFN FinTech will host a delegation of Islamic fintech start-ups from key Shariah financial markets to meet with Asian investors in Kuala Lumpur. This invite-only private event is an opportunity for angel investors, family offices, private equity and venture capital firms to meaningfully engage fintech start-ups from different verticals including digital banking, asset management, blockchain and payments among others; from different markets around the world, to discover potential investment opportunities in the burgeoning fintech space while maintaining Shariah integrity.
- Each Pitch will be 25-minutes in duration, allowing for 5- minutes to prepare and the investors to move from room to room. Participants will be notified of 5-minutes remaining and meeting room doors will be opened on the half-hour
- There will be a 30-minute break mid-morning for refreshments and to prepare for the second half. All timings will be adhered to
- Fintechs will be provided with a list of those investors they’ll be meeting approximately one week prior to the Pitch Day
- Fintechs will be entitled to set up laptops, screens, buntings and lay out brochures and merchandise in their allotted rooms. Fintechs may also wish to provide additional food and beverages over and above those provided by the venue
- Investors will receive a 150-word profile on each of the Fintechs they’ll be meeting approximately one week prior to the Pitch Day
- All parties are required to provide profiles at least two weeks prior to the Pitch Day
- All parties are required to complete the Profile Analysis two weeks prior to the Pitch Day
- All parties are required to be on site and registered before 08:30 on the morning of the Pitch Day
- Afternoon attendees will be asked to complete valuation forms signalling their interest in those presenting on stage. This information will be passed to those presenting and the connections made
For investors, this is an exclusive opportunity to meet with the founders of some of the most promising fintech start-ups looking to create an impact in the Shariah finance space and Muslim markets to explore investment opportunities.
These one-on-one private meetings are reserved strictly for 8 serious investors looking to gain exposure in the Halal fintech sector. There is also the option to attend a general pitch session and networking event. Invitations are open until mid-January 2020.
Exclusively for Islamic fintech start-ups, which have been in operation for at least two years and have a minimum viable product; these private one-on-one meetings with potential investors offer you an opportunity to raise the necessary funding (Seed A and above) for growth.
Private pitch rooms will be allocated on both a first-come-first-served basis and those with an investment track record in fintech. For those FinTechs unsuccessful in confirming a morning Pitch-Day room, they will be invited to participate on the afternoon General Pitch Session. Invitations are open until mid-January 2020.